Whip Up This Quick Neapolitan Tomato Sauce From Cafe Sicilia
Quick Neapolitan Tomato Sauce
- 1 28oz can San Marzano tomatoes in its juice, hand crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients except the parsley in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil.
Lower the heat and simmer uncovered, for about 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Purée the sauce in a food processor or with an immersion blender.
Add the parsley.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve with freshly cooked pasta or on homemade pizza.
Printable version of recipe as a PDF below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.