Savory Cheese and Herb Muffin Recipe from Cafe Sicilia
Cheese and Herb Muffins
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose-flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp mixed chopped fresh herbs ( e.g. parsley, thyme and chives )
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped mini bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whisk together the dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until just moistened. Fold in the cheddar cheese, herbs, tomatoes, and peppers.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the muffins.
Bake 15 - 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool a few minutes before removing from the pans to a wire rack.
Printable PDF version of recipe is below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.