Fritto Misto Recipe From Cafe Sicilia is a Delicious Traditional Italian Dish
Fritto Misto with Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce
Fritto misto is an Italian dish of bits of meat, seafood, and vegetables dipped in batter and fried in olive oil.
- 1 pound mixed seafood such as shrimps, bay scallops and calamari rings
- 1/2 cup small pepperoncini (optional)
- 8 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups Wondra flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- lemon wedges and sea salt flakes to finish
Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1/4 cup prepared creamy horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Fit a Dutch oven with cooking thermometer. Add the oil and heat to 325° F. In a large zip loc bag combine the Wondra, cornstarch, cayenne and salt. Shake to combine. Dredge the seafood and pepperoncini in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour. Fry the seafood in batches until cooked and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle over the sea salt flakes.
In a small bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together.
Serve the Fritto Misto with sauce and lemon wedges.
Printable PDF version of recipe is below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.