Savory Garlic & Sage Pork Chops Recipe from Cafe Sicilia
- 2 bone in pork chops at room temperature (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves (could substitute with fresh rosemary)
- 3 gloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- lemon wedges and extra sage leaves to serve
Pre heat the oven to 400°F. Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet. Sear pork chops on both sides until nicely browned.
Transfer to the oven and cook until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chop reaches 140°F.
Remove from the pan and tent lightly with foil, allow to rest for 5 minutes. The cooking temperature will continue to rise as the chops rest. The desired temperature after resting is 145°F.
Deglaze the pan using the white wine. Add the butter, garlic and chopped sage leaves. Sauté for 1 minute taking care not to burn the garlic.
To serve, spoon the pan sauce over the chops, add reserved sage leaves and lemon wedges.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.