Cafe Sicilia's Recipe for Tuscan Penne Pasta Will Tantalize Your Taste Buds
Tuscan Penne Pasta
- 8 oz dry penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, julienned
- 12 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 generous pinch of chili flakes
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned. Set mushrooms aside.
Add the remaining butter to the pan. Sauté the garlic taking care not to let it brown. Add the cream and simmer until thickened. Add the chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Now add the sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and cooked pasta. Heat through. Add the spinach and heat until just wilted. If the sauce is too dry add some of the reserved pasta water.
Serve with more grated cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Printable PDF version of recipe is below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.