Chicken Parmigiana - An Old Italian Favorite Recipe from Cafe Sicilia
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese (may substitute processed mozzarella)
- 12 oz Barilla Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (half a jar, freeze the rest for later use!)
- pasta of your choice, cooked according to package instructions
- Canola oil, enough to coat the bottom of a frying pan
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Season the chicken on both sides. Dredge each breast in the flour, tap off the excess, then dip in the egg and let the excess drip off. Dredge both sides in the crumbs.
Heat the oil on medium high. Add the chicken breasts and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Place the browned chicken on the baking sheet and bake until an internal temperature of 155°F is reached. Remove from the oven and spoon some of the pasta sauce over and place 2 slices of cheese on each breast. Return to the oven and cook to 165°F is reached and the cheese is melted.
Toss the remaining pasta sauce with the cooked pasta and serve with the chicken.
Printable PDF version of recipe is below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.