Cafe Sicilia Shares a Simple Puff Pastry Recipe
Italian Puff Pastry Squares
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted and rolled out to ¼ inch thickness
- ¾ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream, room temperature
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 egg, whisked
- Your favorite toppings such as artichokes, olives, capers, peppers, anchovies
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together the cheeses, lemon zest and seasonings
Trim the edges of the pastry to form a neat rectangle. Cut the pastry into six rectangles.
Create an inside border about ¾ inch wide by gently scoring (don’t cut all the way through!) around each rectangle. Brush the border with egg.
Add the remaining egg to the cheese mixture. Spread the cheese filling up to the inside border of each rectangle.
Arrange your toppings on top of the cheese mixture.
Bake 10 – 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
Printable PDF version of recipe is below.
For more recipes from Cafe Sicilia click here.