Kirk Franklin's FREE Summer Music Camp
Levitt Pavilion Arlington is proud to partner with 12-time Grammy Award-winning artist and Arlington resident, Kirk Franklin, and his wife, Tammy, for the Franklin Imagine Group's first summer music camp for teens, Camp Lotus. The music camp is June 17-22 in Kirk's state-of-the-art recording studio in Downtown Arlington's Cultural Arts District and is open to students in grades nine through 12, who are recommended by their choir teachers, pastors or worship leaders.
Here is what Camp Lotus includes:
- Skilled professionals with first-hand music experience
- Daily overviews and encouragement to campers by Kirk
- Workshop topics that include knowing yourself, Music Business 101, and Promotion and Marketing
- Clinics on instruments and practice techniques for vocals, piano, guitar and drums, and songwriting
- Recording your song in the studio
- At the end of their week of camp, the teens will have their camp grand finale concert on the Levitt Pavilion stage at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 22.
And best of all - it's free!
Applications are being accepted now through May 15. Those selected for Camp Lotus will be notified by May 30.
The Franklins' goal is to connect with teachers and leaders in the community to identify youth who need guidance to fulfill their potential.
They chose the name "Camp Lotus" because the lotus flower, although beautiful to see, grows only in the muck and mire of mud. Much like Kirk's humble beginnings of being adopted when he was 4 and raised in a not-so-ideal environment, Kirk ultimately blossomed through teachers, leaders and music. These factors helped to change the trajectory of his life. Through his family's nonprofit and Camp Lotus, Kirk is now reaching out to change the lives of teens here in Arlington.
For more information, contact Nina Jones at 817.239.2417 or email@example.com.
Date & Time
Weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Jun 17, 2019 through Jun 22, 2019